promoadmin

active 1 month ago
active 1 month ago

Trump accepts invitation to meet North Korea's Kim Jong-un

US president says Kim offered talks on denuclearisation and promised to halt missile testing during negotiations.

South Korea's national security advisor said the meeting between Trump and Kim could happen as early as May [AFP]

US President Donald Trump has accepted an invitation to meet North Korea's Kim Jong-un, following months of diplomatic standoff that saw the two leaders exchange fiery military threats and personal insults.

The meeting would be a first between a sitting US president and a North Korean leader, offering a potential breakthrough in relations between the two adversaries.

Chung Eui-yong, South Korea's national security adviser, first made the announcement at the White House on Thursday evening, later confirmed by Trump in a social media post.

"President Trump appreciated the briefing and said he would meet Kim Jong-un by May to achieve permanent denuclearisation," Chung told reporters.

He said that the North Korean leader has expressed his "commitment to denuclearisation" and will "refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests" during the negotiations. 

In a post on Twitter early on Friday, Trump wrote, "Meeting being planned!"

"Kim Jong-un talked about denuclearisation with the South Korean Representatives, not just a freeze. Also, no missile testing by North Korea during this period of time. Great progress being made but sanctions will remain until an agreement is reached," Trump said. 

In a briefing with reporters, Sarah Sanders, Trump's spokeswoman, said the US president "will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong-un at a place and time to be determined".

She added that "in the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain".

The surprise announcement in Washington, DC, following an announcement by Chung on Tuesday that the North Korean leader had agreed to meet with South Korea's President Moon Jae-in in April.   

The agreements, which follow a flurry of cooperative steps taken by the Koreas during last month's Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, brightened prospects for a dialogue between North Korea and the US over the North Korea's nuclear programme.

'Maximum pressure policy'

On Thursday, Chung praised Trump's "leadership and his maximum pressure policy" for paving the agreement with North Korea.

In 2017, the UN Security Council had also unanimously adopted sanctions against Pyongyang following a series of intercontinental ballistic missiles tests and a nuclear test.

In February, Trump also announced the United States' "heaviest ever" sanctions against North Korea to prevent it from further developing its nuclear programme.

At the same time, however, the US leader said he is "absolutely" willing to talk to Kim Jong-un without conditions.

He also took credit for the recent rapprochement between the rival Koreas, as well as the US, saying that without his "rhetoric and tough stance ... they wouldn't be talking".

Trump and Kim have repeatedly traded barbs in the past. Trump has called Kim "rocket man", while Kim described Trump as a "dotard".

In January, Trump responded furiously to Kim's taunt of a nuclear button, by saying his button was "bigger and more powerful".

In South Korea, the news of the impending Trump meeting with Kim was greeted with "a real sense of excitement", according to Al Jazeera's Rob McBride, who is reporting from Pyeongchang.

Our correspondent said that the agreement was seen as a "success" for South Korean President Moon and his diplomatic effort.

"Given the intractability of the North Korean crisis, given the kind of vitriolic rhetoric even  a couple of months ago,  who knows what a handshake and a smile might do."

In Beijing, Pyongyang's closest ally, officials are taken by surprise by the news, although Chinese officials have been urging the two parties to talk, said Al Jazeera's Adrian Brown.

He said that if Beijing believes that if the Trump-Kim summit takes place, it will be hosted by China.


Muslims trapped in Central African Republic church

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/muslims-trapped-car-church-180306133417350.html

Muslims trapped in Central African Republic church

In the Central African Republic, a nine-month-long ordeal for hundreds of Muslims shows no sign of ending.

There are hundreds of Muslims trapped inside a Catholic Church compound in Bangassou after the town was overrun by members of a Christian armed group last May.

They took shelter in the church and risk being killed if they leave the protection of UN peacekeepers.

Al Jazeera's Catherine Soi reports from Bangassou, Central African Republic.


A Female Corper Crushed By A Train In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

A female corps member yet to be identified was cruised by a train at ikeja few hours ago on her way home from clearance 

She wanted to cross to the other side where they board oshodi bus, she was using earphones so she did not hear the horn fron the train,

it seems the earphone was so loud people there said a man pulled her back but she told the man to leave her alone, she did not know why the man was calling her for, she was rush to the hospital by a jeep own by the NURTW chairman.

But saidly we lost her this evening. May her soul rest in peace.


Buyers Reject Nigerian Crude As Glut Looms

LAGOS—Nigeria’s oil supply to the international market is facing glut as ample supply of light and medium grades from the North Sea and the Mediterranean are limiting buying interest for Nigerian crude, traders said. This is coming as Angola launches big oil block.

Much of the glut could end up heading into the refining systems of major oil companies like Shell and Total, a trader said, meaning the excess is effectively lower than 50 cargoes. Demand for Agbami and Qua Iboe has been higher than demand for other grades so far. while Qua Iboe was being offered at about dated Brent plus $2. About 10 April-loading Angolan cargoes remained available, steady from Tuesday’s estimate.

The CLOV grade has been relatively slow to find buyers. Sonangol trimmed its offer of Saxi crude to dated Brent plus 50 cents, down 25 cents from Tuesday’s level, a trader said. The company was still offering Dalia at dated Brent minus 70 cents a barrel.

Meanwhile, Angola is set to launch its big oil block. The first vessel that will pump and store oil for Angola’s 230,000 barrels per day (bpd) Kaombo project is en route to the West African nation, operator, Total, said. The Kaombo oil block will produce its first oil this summer. Once it is fully up and running, it will add roughly 14 per cent to the OPEC member nation’s average 2017 output of 1.632 million bpd. The Kaombo Norte floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel left Singapore earlier this week. The vessel has a capacity to pump 115,000 bpd, half the oil block’s eventual production. The second FPSO, Kaombo Sul, is still in Singapore. The $16 billion offshore project will add a significant amount of oil to Africa’s number two exporter at a time when the nation is bound by output limits under a deal orchestrated by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.


O.J. Simpson Seen 'Confessing' to Murder in Bizarre Interview: 'There Was Blood Everywhere' (video)

https://youtu.be/3FAcvYwttxkCalls the murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend, Ron Goldman, “horrible” in a never-before-seen video in which he details how he would have committed the gruesome act. 

The interview with the disgraced NFL star was recorded in 2006 to coincide with the release of the controversial book, If I Did It, in which Simpson outlines theoretical scenarios in the June 1994 murders in the hypothetical confession. 

The interview with publisher Judith Regan was conducted as Simpson was promoting the book. However, it was later shelved. The book was also scrapped amid public outrage.

Long thought to never see the light of day, that interview will now air on Fox Sunday, with the blessing of Ron Goldman's father, Fred.

Soledad O’Brien is hosting the Fox special, O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession? 

She told Inside Edition that “The interview is so strange. It is so bizarre. It is really disturbing.”

O'Brien added: "O.J. Simpson is a very charming person. Everyone who has ever known him or interviewed him has described him that way, but to hear him say things that are really disturbing in a very charming way, I think people will find that interesting." 

“I grabbed the knife," Simpson says in a snippet of the interview. "I do remember that. There was blood everywhere. We've all seen the grisly pictures."

Simpson also says he had an accomplice named "Charlie."

Simpson was acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife and Goldman in a sensational 1995 trial that was dubbed "the trial of the century." 

In 1997, the Goldman and Brown families took Simpson back to court in a civil case.

The former running back was ordered to pay a total of $33.5 million, made up of $8.5 million in compensatory damages to the Goldmans and $25 million in punitive damages to be split between the Goldmans and Nicole's children. 

Ten years later, a federal judge approved Ron Goldman’s relatives’ settlement with a court-appointed bankruptcy trustee, giving them the rights to the book, If I Did It. 

Simpson is now a free man after serving nine years in Nevada's Lovelock Correctional Facility following a 2008 armed robbery conviction.


It seems Travis Scott is beating Kylie Jenner (photos)

Just hours after she was spotted cuddling up to Travis Scott on a boat in Miami on Sunday, Kylie Jenner was seen leaving her hotel, trying to keep a low profile

The 20-year-old, wearing black spandex bike shorts and a grey hoodie, covered the lower half of her face with a jacket, but a dark mark was visible under her eye. Scott, 25, was following close behind, wearing the black Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt Jenner was seen wearing earlier that day.

A source close to the new parents tells PEOPLE of their weekend getaway, “They were loving and affectionate the whole time.” As for the mark, “it was probably just from being tired,” the source says.

The Miami trip came on the heels of Scott’s performance at hot spot Story Nightclub on Saturday night. On Sunday, the stars — who welcomed daughter Stormi on Feb. 1 — enjoyed lunch at waterfront eatery Seaspice. The couple was photographed snuggling as they arrived at the restaurant by boat, aboard hospitality guru David Grutman’s SS Groot. They kept a low profile upon arrival, holding hands as they snuck past guests to get to the private terrace, AIR. The couple and their group of friends enjoyed the seafood tower, pizzettas and pasta, washed down by sparkling water for Jenner and Rosé Piscine and champagne for the rest.

Just hours after she was spotted cuddling up to Travis Scott on a boat in Miami on Sunday, Kylie Jenner was seen leaving her hotel, trying to keep a low profile

The 20-year-old, wearing black spandex bike shorts and a grey hoodie, covered the lower half of her face with a jacket, but a dark mark was visible under her eye. Scott, 25, was following close behind, wearing the black Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt Jenner was seen wearing earlier that day.

A source close to the new parents tells PEOPLE of their weekend getaway, “They were loving and affectionate the whole time.” As for the mark, “it was probably just from being tired,” the source says.

The Miami trip came on the heels of Scott’s performance at hot spot Story Nightclub on Saturday night. On Sunday, the stars — who welcomed daughter Stormi on Feb. 1 — enjoyed lunch at waterfront eatery Seaspice. The couple was photographed snuggling as they arrived at the restaurant by boat, aboard hospitality guru David Grutman’s SS Groot. They kept a low profile upon arrival, holding hands as they snuck past guests to get to the private terrace, AIR. The couple and their group of friends enjoyed the seafood tower, pizzettas and pasta, washed down by sparkling water for Jenner and Rosé Piscine and champagne for the rest.

By Monday, it appeared Jenner had returned to Los Angeles, where she shared a glimpse at her daughter’s pink butterfly-adorned nursery on social media.

A source recently revealed to PEOPLE that Jenner and Scott “are a good team” when it comes to taking care of their newborn daughter.

“Travis is able to do his own thing during the day as well, but he helps Kylie out at night,” the insider explained. “He has cut down on work.”


Man Steals Neighbour’s ATM Card, & Withdrew N2m before he was caught..

A 30 -year – old businessman, Obinna Otigba, who allegedly stole his neighbour’s two Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) cards and withdrew N2 million from her accounts, on Thursday appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.

The accused was arraigned before Magistrate O.J. Awope on a two-count charge of stealing and illegal conversion of property for personal use.

Otigba , who resides at Ojokoro area of Lagos, however, pleaded not guilty, and was admitted to N500,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.

Awope said that the sureties should be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.

The prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, said that the accused committed the offences from Nov. 17, 2017 to Nov. 28, 2017 at his residence.

He said that the accused stole the ATM cards from Mrs Theresa Ajibade and absconded to an unknown destination.

“The accused who lived in the same house with the complainant, stole her ATM cards and took to his heels,” the prosecutor submitted.

Ayorinde said that the accused withdrew the N2 million from Ajibade’s two bank accounts.

“The accused withdrew N2 million from the complainant’s pension account and investment account, thereby emptying the accounts,” he said.

The prosecutor said one of the cards was recovered from the accused while he claimed to have misplaced the other.

He submitted that the offences contravened Sections 280 and 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (revised).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Section 287 stipulates three years’ imprisonment for stealing.

The case was adjourned until March 26 for mention. (NAN)


John Dumelo syas Ghana Does Not Deserve To Celebrate Independence Day

Some days was Ghana’s Independence Day and various congratulatory messages was received, but not all of its citizens are happy like actor, John Dumelo.

The actor took to his instagram page to share his views why Ghana don't deserve to celebrate independence, say caption below....

“On 2nd thoughts there’s nothing to celebrate. Pupils lie on their stomachs to study in Yikurugu, UER, teachers teach IT with no computers all over the country etc. Yet we budget millions to celebrate 6th March? Ghana without aid starts with us getting our priorities straight.”


Nigerian Gang Raped In Russia By 4 Drunk Men

A Nigerian woman who escaped from her madam in Russia has narrated how she was trafficked to Russia for prostitution by another Nigerian woman and raped by four drunk white men.

Mrs. Osasis John, [not real name], now pregnant for a boyfriend she abandoned five years ago to seek greener pastures in Russia,said she left Nigeria in 2013, but before then was taken to a juju priest at Sabongiga Ora,a suburb in Edo State, where she swore to an oath.

Narrating her story to newsmen at the round table meeting organised by the leadership of the Nigerian Senate in Benin City to proffer solutions to the problems of illegal migration and human trafficking, the lady said, she was told by her madam that she will engage in prostitution for six months and then introduced to another business. It was based on this premise, she said, she agreed to go to Russia, signed an agreement to pay$50,000.00 out of which she paid $15,000.00 before her escape.

“I went to Russia in 2013, and the reason why I decided to go Russia was because, I gained admission into Edo State College of Education [COLBEN] but could not pay the fees, so when the woman approached me, I agreed to go to Russia. We agreed that I will pay her $ 50.000 and when I got to Russia,we were up to 20 girls sleeping in one room. We used to go out 3.00.pm and come back 3.00am. Out of the agreed $50.000,I paid $15,000.The worst day for me was the dayfour drunk men gang raped me.I was called by my madam to see a client, but I was not aware that they were four men, all drunk and when they took me out, they gang raped me, taking their turns one after another in a very cold night. At a time, I became tired of what I was doing, but the fear of the oath I swore was what held me bound”, she said


The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos)

The Sbarro 4×4+2 concept is perhaps the ugliest car currently on exhibition at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show.In a car show full of gorgeous, futuristic, ultra-connected, autonomous and electrified vehicles, the Sbarro 4×4+2 concept does not appeal much in the looks department.This bizarrely shaped concept car is a six wheeler built for off-road racing.On the Sbarro 4×4+2, there are cutouts in the metal in the shape of those massive wheels, no windows except for the windshield, a ginormous bonnet and taillights that look like they belong on some classic from the mid-50s.Inside, there are racing seats, a racing steering wheel and third seat propped up in the back. The car is powered by a 5.0-liter engine, putting down 550 PS with the help of a 6-speed automatic. In case they’re off about that displacement figure, this could very well be the 4.8-liter V8 unit in the first-gen Cayenne Turbo S, which indeed had 550 PS as well as a 6-speed auto.Let’s all wave hello to another contender for “Ugliest Car in Geneva”.